This is an excellent opportunity for a Level 3 HR Apprentice to join the Commercial Services Group HR team. The role will suit an individual looking to start their HR career on the strongest foundations; gain a depth and breadth of generalist HR operations and join a team where customer experience must be upheld to the highest standards.
The role of HR Apprentice is responsible for delivering the operational HR services required by business divisions across the organisation. Processing the necessary administration for the employee life-cycle along with providing administrative support with the end-to-end HR recruitment process. This is a role that genuinely contributes to our people strategy and has arisen following the successful completion of our previous L3 HR Apprentice who is being retained in our innovative and ambitious HR team.
* Completing notification for payroll and pre-employment checks prior to issuing contracts of employment; changes and leaver details within the applicable SLAs.
* Update the HRIS in support of changes to the employee life cycle completely, accurately and timely.
* Be the first point of contact for colleagues and line managers regarding pay, benefits and pension queries.
* Provide first level advice and guidance to line managers and colleagues regarding the Group’s employment policies and procedures including absence, family friendly leave, flexible working, discipline & grievance, performance and capability.
* Support line managers in first stage formal absence, flexible working and performance improvement meetings (including ensuring that prerequisite documentation is complete e.g. performance improvement plans/ return to work interviews).
* Act as note-taker for second/ third level formal meetings, consultation meetings and interviews.
* Draft follow up notifications/ outcome letters to meetings attended in liaison with HR Services Manager or HR & OD BP as applicable.
* Support engagement activities to colleagues regarding benefits and wellbeing.
* Support the HR & OD BP’s in the delivery of an effective service through provision of an effective HR administrative processes.
* Update the ER tracker/ HRIS timely and accurately.
* Support the development of improvements and ongoing management of the HRIS.
* Lead an HR improvement project that supports your personal and professional development.
* Provide administrative support with the end to end recruitment process, including RAF approvals, creating job folders and shortlisting grids.
* Liaise with applicants over the telephone and email, arranging interviews, liaising with hiring managers and sending offer/rejection emails.
* Update recruitment tracker.
* Support hiring managers with creating adverts.
* Advertise vacancies internally and on external job boards.
* Keep company careers page up to date with vacancies.
* Monitor careers inbox and respond to queries within appropriate timeframe.
* Monitor and record recruitment data information.
* GCSE English and maths or equivalent
* Working towards a L3 HR Apprenticeship
* Working with multiple stakeholders.
* Team focused, able to work collaboratively with colleagues and managers to achieve team objectives.
Commercial Services Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
- GCSE English and maths or equivalent
- Working towards a L3 HR Apprenticeship
- Working with multiple stakeholders.
- Team focused, able to work collaboratively with colleagues and managers to achieve team objectives.