Hanover is looking for an enthusiastic Account Executive to join our dynamic and fast-growing Healthcare Communications team. The team is one of the fastest growing in the industry, delivering creative breakthrough product and corporate communications campaigns for global, international, and UK clients.
Hanover Healthcare Communications recently won International Communications Team of the Year at the PharmaTimes Awards. Last year, our work was recognised with a Communique award, and we were shortlisted for PRWeek’s Specialist Consultancy of the Year. This followed a triple win for the team in 2019, including trophies at the PRWeek Awards and SABRE EMEA Awards.
The Account Executive will be responsible for supporting media and marketing events and providing administrative support for meetings with clients and other stakeholders.
In this role you will provide high-quality monitoring and research services to Hanover’s existing public relations clients, together with research and administrative support on new business activities.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients, from the world’s top healthcare companies to exciting new startups, ultimately helping patients and healthcare professionals across numerous disciplines. Our clients include Novartis, Lilly, Celltrion Healthcare, and NHSPS.
We’re on the lookout for someone who is excited about helping breakthrough products, services and companies to succeed.
- Monitor relevant media to compile up-to-date records of issues relevant to clients
- Build good rapport with clients, liaising with them on a day-to-day basis to progress work and playing an active role in client meetings
- Organise logistics for events including webinars, media and stakeholder gatherings
- Draft high-quality press releases and other media materials
- Conduct value-add research and draft high-quality intelligence reports for existing clients and new business meetings
- Develop understanding of company budget setting, management processes and Hanover financial and marketing systems
- Develop relationships with relevant journalists and media, identifying target journalists for specific news stories and events
- Prior experience within a public relations consultancy or an in-house communications team
- An understanding of and interest in healthcare communications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Desire to develop healthcare, consumer and business media contacts
- Ability to work across multiple projects at any one time
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage own time effectively
In addition to a competitive salary, your core benefits package will include:
- An annual performance-related bonus plus additional bonus potential linked to recruitment, new business and long service
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare insurance
- A company pension plan, including 5% employer contribution
- A one-off clothing allowance
You’ll also have access to a wide range of opportunities and initiatives, including:
- Flexible working policies, early Friday finish, plus eligibility to apply for a sabbatical after 2 years’ service
- The Hanover Academy, which incorporates training, coaching, mentoring and reverse-mentoring opportunities to support personal development and career progression across all levels, with a generous training budget
- International secondments as well as the opportunity to collaborate with all offices across the AVENIR GLOBAL’s network
- A wellbeing programme, featuring (but not limited to) pre- and post-maternity leave coaching, a working parents’ group, subsidised gym membership, LiveSmart sessions on mindfulness, sleep, etc.
- Our Culture Club, with a robust social calendar all year round, Trailblazer of the Month award, Lunch & Learns, pub quizzes, monthly massages and an opportunity to win an Out of Office activity fund
- CSR activities, including cooking for the homeless and providing pro-bono support to charity organisations
Hanover is an equal opportunities employer, committed to encouraging a balanced workforce within our company and the wider industry.