For the duration of your Graduate Development programme, you will be working in your cohort with a Management Sponsor, who has been assigned to your group to provide guidance and support. The major part of the curriculum is structured around Breakfast Sessions called Food for Thought (FFTs) which are coached sessions with exercises, peer support and time for personal reflection. These will be once every 6 weeks. You will also take part in some longer courses including our Induction Training Camp and Teamwork focussed training, both taking place at offsite locations. Beyond the Graduate Programme your development will continue. Youll have a dedicated and consistent Development Manager to support your career progression and receive regular appraisals and annual pay reviews.
We are currently a team of over 120 in the Head Office at Newton. Due to continued growth, were looking for several bright and capable graduates to join our IT team, in permanent, full-time roles based in our Head Office in Kingston Bagpuize, Oxfordshire.
We will offer you a series of 3-6 months placements in different departments across our IT function, giving you the opportunity to add value and learn skills and functional experience, plus a wide range of commercial experience in an entrepreneurial growing business.
In the IT Stream your rotations could include:
- Support and Service Delivery
- Networking and Operations
- Project and Product Management
- Software Development
- Data Science
In each area youll work alongside a member of our existing teams to understand those roles and gain hands on experience.
Progressing through your graduate programme, youll likely gain an aptitude and desire for a certain area of the business within your chosen stream and be keen to progress from the programme into a particular function after 12-18 months.
The ideal candidate we are looking for would then be excited by and capable of continuing to progress through positions in the Head Office function they joined looking to have a long-term plan of joining the business management and leadership.
Youll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into the Newton culture.
To apply for our IT Stream youll be on your way to, or have achieved, a graduate or equivalent level qualification in a technology or STEM subject where you can show a passion for technology.
- A keen interest in technology and how it adds value to businesses
- Able to deal with a rapidly-changing environment and act on your own initiative
- Belief in demanding better in everything they see and then the drive to make changes happen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to inspire others toward change
- Able to empathise with others
- Numerate and able to solve problems with a data-based approach
- Passion for personal development and able to self-reflect on your abilities
- Organised and able to prioritise competing demands
- A pleasure to work with and a sense of humour