Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
About the Programme
- 18 - 24 month programme starting in March 2021
- Based in Witham
- Work towards the Certificate of Insurance Level 3 Insurance Practitioner qualification
- Full time role with a competitive salary
- A complete learning experience through a range of training events, networking activities and business support
- Have 20% of your work time dedicated to focus and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve the apprenticeship.
- Roles available within our Client Support Services team.
Roles will vary dependent upon the business unit, however Apprentices can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of how Guy Carpenter (GC) meets the needs of its clients;
- Gain an understanding of the key principles of risk, insurance and reinsurance;
- Effectively deal with a variety of business situations through “on-the-job” experience;
- Build a network with fellow trainees on the Programme, alumni from previous years and stakeholders from across the business; and
- Understanding the different roles within the industry and how they interact with each other
- 104 UCAS points at A-Level or equivalent (B-TEC, T-LEVEL etc)
- 5 Grades (9 – 4/A* - C) grades at GCSE including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Right to Work in the UK (we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment where building relationships is the key to your success
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Organisation, planning and problem-solving skills
- Numerically confident with strong analytical skills; and
- Exceptional IT skills – such as (but not limited to) an ability to use a variety of Microsoft products to a high standard, including Word and Excel.
What is a typical ‘Day in the Life’ of a Guy Carpenter Apprentice?
- Contributing to the achievement of own and departmental targets, key performance indicators and business objectives.
- Researching ways to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcome for GC and its clients.
- Managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standard and integrity of service to GC Business Divisions and external clients.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with GC colleagues, clients and external parties.
- Proactively managing tasks in accordance with specific client requirements and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Producing and maintaining accurate documentation and financial records.
- Contributing to internal and external meetings and support projects or enquiries