Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
Are you interested in experiencing a fascinating industry with some amazing challenges such as developing protection for satellite launches, major sporting events, and large construction projects? Would you like to find out more about how we work with our clients to manage and quantify risks such as piracy, cyber and flooding? That is just to name a few…
About the Programme
- 8 to 12 week paid internship and will start June/July 2021.
- Provides penultimate year students with an accelerated foundation to their career and is used as a pipeline for our Graduate Programme.
- Challenging and rewarding programme where you will be working on real projects with real clients.
Roles will vary depended on business area but the typical areas we recruit into are:
- Broking- within Broking you may be working within a reinsurance broking team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector and then working with a team to broker a deal.
- Global Strategic Advisory - Global Strategic Advisory you will work with our Catastrophe Modellers and Actuaries to gain an understanding of the analysis and valuation of risks. You’ll then be in a position to advise on the best course of action for client risk management and work with the broking teams to make this happen.
- Corporate Projects- Working on projects means that you will gain exposure across multiple lines of reinsurance both internally and externally, allowing you to build an extensive network of talented professionals.
- Must have the Right to Work in the UK or Republic of Ireland (we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship)
- Must be in your penultimate year of study
- Be expected to achieve a minimum 2.1 degree classification or equivalent in any degree discipline as we’ll match you to a role that best uses your skill set and personality.
- Minimum Grade C or equivalent in GCSE Maths and English
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships.
- Adaptability and learning agility.
- Language and coding skills are also desirable but not essential.