Deliver, with support, high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
- Complete, with support, assigned tasks through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
- Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features;
- Participate in the sign off process and incorporate feedback into work;
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback;
- Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work;
- Produce assets with basic optimisation in line with the technical requirements and conventions;
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good graphics design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable;
- Basic motion graphics skills;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
- Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable.
- Up to 1 years' experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
- Bachelor's degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) would be advantageous;
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable.
To be eligible for this role you must have graduated with a Bachelor or Master's Degree in 2020 or be graduating in 2021 from a UK University. Students from outside the UK will only be considered for the role if they are eligible for a post study work visa or already have the right to work in the UK from January 2021.