The Fleet Graduate will provide support to the Fleet Management Team in delivery of key strategic projects, maintenance of periodic / annual processes and general Fleet support. This is a key development role, providing the job holder with a planned and structured exposure to a wide range of fleet and related procurement activities, and enhancing the Fleet Functions talent pipeline.
A quick look at the role.
The role will provide wide ranging support to a variety of projects, processes and activities. It will ultimately work under the direction of the Fleet Project Engineer but will also work closely with the Fleet Admin, Operational Fleet Managers and Procurement as well as the broader Graduate community as part of the Development Plan.
Personally flexibility and adaptability are therefore important attributes to be successful in the role.
Subject to regular reviews of progress and personal development, the opportunity exists to significantly enhance the job holders experience within the Fleet Procurement and Fleet Management and to provide a robust platform for onward career progression envisaged over an estimated 2 year timeframe.
It is intended for this role to work on a rotational basis across:
- Fleet Procurement and Asset Management
- Fleet Projects and Development
- Fleet Admin
- Fleet Compliance
Why its an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Supporting, under the direction of the Fleet Project Engineer, the periodic / annual activities that support fleet related programmes (e.g. fleet life cycle, disposal of fleet.)
- Providing support to strategic projects as may be decided e.g. Acquisitions, Demobilisations and Process Improvement. This would include support in setting up a project office function, completing analysis and producing reports, arranging and attending meetings as may be required and producing accurate and timely notes and action points from such meetings.
- Responsible under the direction of the appropriate project manager for the sourcing and delivery of large scale employee communications material that may be required to support key strategic projects.
- Supporting specific Fleet Admin and Fleet Compliance activities that are typically related to the central maintenance of the Fleet system and/or management reporting requirements and /or processing and administration of periodic / annual activities
- Supporting the review of system and the way data and information is used to drive business performance and decision
- Working alongside like-minded waste professionals in a brilliantly diverse environment built on transparency - not bureaucracy.
- A chance to join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals who are unafraid to question convention
Heres what we require:
- Degree level education
- Some business experience or placement within a commercial organisation
- Well developed IT skills inc MS Excel (in particular), Word & PowerPoint
- Basic understanding/ awareness of fleet management practices (desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of people, with well-developed customer facing skills
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Confidentiality and total discretion is paramount to this role
- Able to produce high quality written correspondence and reports.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills.
- Proactive work ethic with ability to manage own work load and timelines
- Proactive work ethic with ability to manage own workload and timelines
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.