As aGraduate TestEngineer in Kainos,after taking part in our award-winning, seven-week Engineering Academyyoull work withina multi-skilled agile team,
developing and executing functional automated and manual tests to help the team deliver working application software that meets user needs. Youll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
- Currently studying, or already completed,a relevantdegree or equivalentqualification
- Good technical ability and can assist with test automation tasks and has a desire to develop their test automation skills further.
- Understanding of different delivery methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall, v-model)
and how testing fits within them.
- Basic understanding of functional testing types.
- Understanding of how to define and execute test scenarios.
- Understanding of identifying and reporting defects.
- Experience defining and creating test data.
- Knowledge of how to report testing progress.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos - a proven ability of strong team skills, including taking direction from others, is crucial.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies,
procedures and processes.
- Ability to deliver tasks within a given timeframe.
- Knowledge of Test Automationopen sourcetechnologies (e.g.Selenium,
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Technical awareness and a sound understanding of software architectures.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git/SVN.
- Experience working in Continuous Integration environment and configuring tools for testing such as Jenkins and/or TeamCity.
- Experience testing within Agile delivery environments.
- Experience working closely with developers.
- Experience in a manual or automated testing role or similar, either from commercial experience or from previous studies.