WHY YOU MATTER
As a new graduate, you will help shape the future of bp. We are looking for people who like working at-pace and love doing it right. You will be embedded with a dynamic engineering-focused team, with the resources of one of the world's largest IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips. You will learn new platforms, approaches and techniques. You will experiment with new technologies and learn to develop new solutions. We will help you along your way, but you possess a spark that drives you forward and are energised by operating with a degree of autonomy!
You will work with a team of Product Owners, Service Owners, Architects and other specialists to develop, improve and craft new products and services. Depending on your interest, you will focus in one of four areas:
- At-scale enterprise software development products, including those focused on trading applications, primarily using Java J2EE / C#.Net or other high level languages
- Rapid application development on low-code platforms such as Salesforce, Service Now and Microsoft PowerApps
- Responsive mobile/web application development using React Native / Xamarin or other modern frameworks.
- At-scale systems automation primarily using automation frameworks, complex scripting (typically Python) and microservices development
- Engineering and automating robust, secure and scalable cloud architectures using Azure Resource Manager, Cloudformation templates and Chef.
- Leading the shift from traditional approaches to computer networking into software-defined approaches that enable agility and security. You will build overlay networks from software templates, use dynamic tunnels over the internet to deprecate our dependency on MPLS.
- Security systems development focusing on the manipulation and management of large data-sets, complex scripting activities and systems management
- Developing solution architectures, seeking practical solutions that optimise and re-use capabilities that may range from data architecture to application to systems architecture.
- Good hands-on skills in key technologies to assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.
To apply to this role you'll need a 2:1 degree, or equivalent, in computer science or STEM subjects including Maths, Statistics or various engineering or science degrees. You’ll also need to be in your final year of study or have completed your degree.
Skills/experience (can be useful but training to grow and develop your skill set will be available)
- Use of development methodologies (Agile using Scrum and/or Kanban) with experience in automations using Python or other high-level languages.
- If you're fairly new to coding, you demonstrate your ability to rapidly explore new technologies
- A proven grasp of development fundamentals (in high-level languages such a C#/Java/Python/R).
Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity.