As aGraduateSoftware Engineer with Kainos, you will work on projects where you can make a real difference to peoples lives - the lives of people you know. After taking part in our award-winning, seven-week Engineering Academy, you will then join one of our many project teams, to learn from our experienced developers, project managers and customer-facing staff. Youll have great support and mentoring, balanced with the experience of being given real, meaningful work to do, to help you truly develop both technically and professionally.
You will be responsible for:
- Contribute to developing high quality solutions which impact the lives of users
- Youll work as part of a team to solve problems and produce innovative software
- Learn about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who willhelp you learn, develop and grow.
- You will work onproject teams to learn how to develop and unit teststraightforward or low complexity components, and then moving on to more
complex elements as you increase your knowledge.
- Work with other developers in working through designs and user stories and to
produce real development solutions
- Will be fully supported by experienced colleagues in the team to follow designs,
and then progress to assist in any other aspect of the projectlife-cycleunder
- Develop excellent technical, team-working and Agile project experience
- Currently studying, or already completed, a relevantdegree or equivalentqualification
- Familiar with some programming languages and implementation environments.
- Some understanding of the software development lifecycle from your studies or
relevant work experience, and the relevance of different tools at different stages of
the development lifecycle
- Able to make effective decisions with the support of team members, within fastmoving delivery environment.
- Have an open attitude to sharing knowledge and information.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to other
technical people and, sometimes, non-technical people
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos - a proven ability of strong team skills, including
taking direction from others, is crucial.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in accordance with company policies,
procedures and processes.
- Ability to deliver tasks within a given timeframe