Our Graduate Software Engineers (Java) play an integral part in our companys product development process. Were looking for someone who is passionate about starting on their career journey within software engineering, particularly with a focus on Java development on cyber security product. If youre interested in software engineering and are up for the challenge of providing end-to-end solutions to software security threats, then this is the place for you!
In your first few months with the business you will be exposed to diverse product teams and quickly become familiar with major software engineering principles, as well as DevOps and automation. Our programme is designed to give you all the software development knowledge and experience you need to forge a successful career in tech.
What will you be doing
- Contribute to development effort as a hands-on developer within your team.
- Pro-actively seek guidance from colleagues as required to ensure correct delivery and continual development of technical skills.
- Working with peers on code reviews and unit testing within departmental guidelines. Where no formal guidelines exist, work with peers to formulate and enforce such guidelines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of assigned work status as required, reporting risks and issues as they arise.
- Triage assigned software defects. Ensure that work on defect resolution does not impact on agreed product deliverables, reporting to Product Owner/Scrum Master where resolution will require renegotiation of deliverable dates for other tasks.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they apply to your area. Put forward suggestions for improvement to development processes or tools where applicable.
- Youre a graduate or upcoming graduate in Software Engineering/Computer Science, or related degree.
- You will have an awareness of Java
- Passionate about technology and / or cyber security
- Awareness of the SDLC and Agile methodologies
- A fast learner and collaborative team player
- Analytical problem solver
- Inquisitive, not afraid to ask questions.
- Good communication skills enabling positive collaboration with functions outside development.
- Understanding of formal software development methodologies.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for delivering software development projects.