Graduate QS (Pre-Contract) Location: WARRINGTON Bilfinger UK is a leading provider of engineering, automation and maintenance, modifications and operations services to industrial clients across the oil & gas, energy & power, nuclear and chemical/pharmaceutical sectors. To continue our growth plans for 2021 and beyond we are searching for a Graduate QS to join our winning Proposals team in this new role providing pre contract commercial expertise. Working within the Proposal team you will support the commercial manager by providing assistance in the following:
Assessing the potential risks of specific projects and term contracts
- Assisting with the reviewing, presentation and negotiation of contracts both internally and externally
- Assessing client pricing documents, including payment and invoicing obligations
- Assessing allowable & disallowable costs and variation procedures within tenders
- Assisting with subcontract preparation following contract award
The focus of the role is on contracts, therefore an understanding of the principles of contracting and key contract terms is essential; exposure to NEC/IChemE forms of contract would be highly advantageous.
- Candidates are anticipated to have (or working towards) an appropriate construction degree level qualification and experience working in a contracting environment on industrial facilities (oil & gas, energy, utilities)