As a Graduate Planner, you will support the planning team with the progression of sites through the planning application and Local Plan promotion process.
Your overall aim will be to help the business in achieving its targets for planning permissions and securing allocations in Local Plans by supporting and working within the planning team.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Undertaking research to support planning applications and promoting sites to Local Planning Authorities, including 5YHLS, settlement analysis, policy analysis, site design, planning statements, socio-economic impacts
- Evaluating the planning prospects of potential development sites by working with the Land team, including securing new development opportunities in line with company protocol through the site search, appraisal, and planning pack processes
- Masterplanning and assisting in site design
- Attending meetings and interviews with prospective landowners and agents to secure new sites
- Monitoring planning applications and changes in local planning and national planning policies
- Supporting the authoring of representations to Local or Neighbourhood Plan consultations
- Administration of company data held on Local Authorities
- Be educated to degree level on an accredited RTPI course or a Human Geography graduate with clear motivation to study a part-time Masters in Planning
- Excellent ability to undertake research, where problem-solving and initiative are key
- Good IT literacy
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and able to manage a busy and varied workload efficiently
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and be able to think creatively in response to change
- Motivated to learn and develop as your experience in the role increases
- Must be able to work with others in a professional manner in order to support an inclusive and collaborative workplace.
Although not essential, previous experience of GIS, Photoshop, AutoCAD, and Illustrator, would be advantageous.
All applications for this Graduate Planner vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions