At Hive, youll be part of a motivated, collaborative and friendly team whos focus is to provide high quality advice and deliver results for our clients. Were looking for an enthusiastic Graduate Planner/ Planner with up to 2 years post qualification experience to provide support to senior colleagues across a variety of public and private sector projects, many of which weve been working on since Hive was first established. You will be provided with mentoring support to assist your career progression and well ensure youve got a clear career pathway. You will also be encouraged to achieve your Chartered Member status as soon as possible.
This is a client facing role with a diverse range of work and youll be encouraged to work on your own initiative whilst supporting the team effectively. You will be able to contribute to the growth of the business, at an exciting time, with many opportunities to be entrepreneurial, continue your professional development and expand your professional network. There will also be the opportunity to get involved with other aspects of the Hive business, such as development consultancy, site brokering and infrastructure funding.
Were a close knit team, so were looking for someone is keen to get involved with social activities and contribute towards the vibrancy of the brand new bespoke office, which is currently being completed and fitted out to Hives requirements.
- Planning related degree and/or postgraduate qualification
- Working towards Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) Chartered Membership (advantageous)
- Private sector planning consultancy experience (advantageous))
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the Planning system (essential)
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and planning related trends (essential)
- Excellent written communication skills (essential)
- Confident and personable communicator
- Self-motivated and capable of working to strict deadlines
- Collaborative approach to work
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Desire to learn and develop
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work flexibly and work outside standard hours of work in response to business requirements
- Commercially aware
Alongside the criteria listed above, you will also play an important role in helping to drive the future growth of Hive.
The successful candidate will require the use of their own car and a valid driving license.