As a new graduate, you will help shape the future of bp. We are looking for people who like working at-pace and love doing it right. You will be embedded with a dynamic engineering-focused team, with the resources of one of the world's largest IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips. You will learn new platforms, approaches and techniques. You will experiment with new technologies and learn to develop new solutions. We will help you along your way, but you possess a spark that drives you forward and are energised by operating with a degree of autonomy!
YOUR LIFE AS A SERVICE ENGINEER
You will work in a dynamic team of IT Operations Support specialists, Engineers, Service Owners, Product Owners, Architects and other specialists to maintain, support, and improve IT products & services.
You will focus on:
- Team: You will provide IT operational support within a specific operational Centre/group/unit. You will execute Maintenance, Change and Requests according to documented procedures/work instructions and approved plans. With a focus on continuous improvement, you will help the team to deliver improvements that maximise operational efficiency and enhance support delivered.
- Operations: You will respond to assigned workload, carrying out IT administration tasks as needed by bp’s service management processes and tools. You will learn and comply with all role specific HSSE, standards and policies. You will proactively explore opportunities to learn and develop within the Operations Support group, and dependent on area of interest you will have the opportunity to contribute to wider IT service management and engineering activities.
- Relationships: You will collaborate with technology users and colleagues within your Operations support group, as well as Engineers, Service professionals and other specialist roles
- Technology: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for Operations Support and ensuring best practice is shared across the team, including learning and exploiting new methods and tools such data, automation and other emerging technologies that improve efficiency and outcomes.
Depending on your unique skillset you may have the opportunity to joint bp’s Information Security organisation focused on operational incident response. Attacks against our assets come in all forms and levels of sophistication. bp's Information Security division stands at the front-line of the effort to keep bp Safe, Secure and Complaint with regulatory and best-practice frameworks.
To apply for this role, you'll need a 2:1 degree, or equivalent, in computer science or STEM subjects including Maths, Statistics or various engineering or science degrees.
- An analytical and logical mindset with proven strength in technical troubleshooting, problem solving, and managing a dynamic workload.
- A curious personality that likes to explore and experiment with modern and emerging technologies, methods, tools and techniques.
- A strong proficiency in written English and can adhere to, author, and edit procedures and knowledge documentation as required.
- A service-focused mindset. Enjoys building collaborative relationships and working within a team.
Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity.