As a new graduate, we need you to help shape the future of bp! In the role of IT Business Analyst you will learn new approaches and techniques to solve problems and deliver outcomes. You will experiment with new technologies and be part of developing new solutions. We will help you along your way, but you must possess a spark that drives you forward, have a curious mindset, and be energised by operating with a degree of autonomy!
We are looking for people who want to partner with business units, explore their needs and help define Information Technology solutions that help them achieve their mission.
You will embed within a business unit in a DevOps team or project team. Once there, you will help to deliver easy-to-use customer focused solutions. You will learn and use techniques like Design Thinking to make sure we solve the right problems. You will explore use-cases and help refine the user stories. Once built, you'll help run, evolve and support the solutions, as well as validate that the solutions achieve the desired effect.
You will act as the main interface for all facets of IT within the area. The role requires thought leadership, ability to influence and inspire business and cultural change in a positive and impactful way. Internal IT relationships are equally as meaningful. As well as having relationships for your own services, you will connect with other projects in service of the wider IT agenda.
Our culture is ‘exploring, thinking and doing’ as a community, and you will live this every single day. You'll ensure the team build bridges to other adjacent teams, align delivery activities and ensure all groups are working together to drive an excellent outcome.
To apply for this role, you'll need a 2:1 degree, or equivalent, in computer science or STEM subjects including Maths, Statistics or various engineering or science degrees.
Skills/experience (can be useful but training to grow and develop your skill set will be available)
- Experience in an operations environment – responsible for delivering reliable and commercially efficient operations.
- Experience in projects – securing investment, running governance, selecting solutions and vendors, planning, and running through to operations.
- Being aware of latest information security trends and have understanding of Identity and Access management, threat modelling and risk assessments.
- Thinking about what can go wrong, how processes can go astray and how controls can mitigate risk.
- Understanding of working in an Agile environment including how to define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, ownership of the product backlog grooming and collaboration with the Product Owner and the team to prioritise the backlog.
The Technology Development Program offers some of the best training and development the industry has to offer. You will push the boundaries of our current thinking and bring your fresh focus and energy to help us innovate and challenge the way we make the most of technology in a dynamic business. You will learn how to implement change, innovate and help us be part of the technology of tomorrow.
Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity.