A well known Financial Services Client in Edinburgh is looking to appoint several Graduate Investment Operations Officers for their team. There are opportunities for both full time permanent and fixed term contracts with immediate start.
The role will align to one of the following functions: Corporate Actions, Cash Reconciliations, Settlements or Transactions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing mandatory and voluntary corporate actions on Managed Funds, Equities and Fixed Interest products within Key Performance Indicator targets. The role will include the allocation of coupon and dividend income, maturities, fund closures, non-income corporate action events such as rights issues, takeovers, stock splits, conversions, share purchase plans, and IPOs.
- Daily reconciliation of stock breaks between the clients internal holdings and sub-custodian or agent holdings identifying any discrepancies. Instruments covered will primarily be equities, bonds, managed funds, and debentures.
- Reconciliation of cash balances held on the platform to those held at the various banking institutions across all major currencies.
- Administer Exchange Traded, Managed Fund and Term Deposit buy and sell orders received via the clients Trading Platform with various market counterparties.
- Process daily Transfer instructions, ensuring that all instructions are delivered in a timely manner. This includes transfer initiation, settlement, asset break investigations and enquiries.
- Process cash payment requests, FX Trades and banking daily processing.
- Working with other departments to enhance processes for the greater efficiencies and controls within the team. This includes keeping the teams procedures up to date and driving continuous improvement initiatives.