This six month internship will provide the successful candidate with a very good understanding of various roles in the Handbags department, sale and promotion related activity as well as a better knowledge on the Handbags market and collectors. The purpose will be to provide general assistance and support to specialists and sale coordinator on sale related activity.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- General assistance to all dept. staff as necessary, answering phones, distributing daily post etc.
- Keep track of property incoming for sale and action as advised by specialists.
- Help updating Pipeline and trackers as required.
- Manage Restoration needs for sale as instructed by the specialists including quote requests, and SO/PO requests via Business Support Group.
- Liaise with Shipping department to arrange property pickup and shipments for exhibitions.
- Take Handbags down to photo studio for photographing as instructed and prepare bags for photoshoots.
- Attend telephone bid training and telephone bid at Luxury Cluster sales as required.
- Assist with all aspects of catalogue production (cataloguing, organize photography, proof reading).
- Assist with image management post-photography.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of the sale.
- Assist with Private Selling exhibitions in London (set up, attend event and provide information to clients where needed).
- Help prepare assets for condition reports including printing reports and taking photos.
- Assist where appropriate Specialists on valuations (data entry, gathering material, preparing images, proposal documents).
- Aid the Art Handlers to unpack and tag incoming property and check if paperwork, boxes, dust bags and other accessories are present. Help Art Handler to pack and un-pack shipment when needed.
- Prepare mini-catalogues for tour if catalogue is not out yet (Brief description, estimate and photo), Also provide general support with tours by preparing lots cards, brochures and contact cards etc.
- Provide support with marketing for Private Sales and inventory management.
- Provide support during Exhibitions (attending the viewing, setting up property).
- Manage courier requests.
- Other duties as required.
- Exceptional organizational skills including ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple processes.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up to see tasks through to completion.
- Knowledge of the auction workflow and processes.
- An interest in Handbags and Accessories market.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication, with the ability to utilize these to satisfy clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple groups and sites.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
Close Date: 26th September
calendar_today 2 days ago