The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core Linguamatics I2E platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Solutions team, you'll also be working closely with development and business teams to create market-driven applications of the I2E software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help us deliver next generation search and text analytics solutions.
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new customer-facing solutions for the life science and healthcare sectors on top of Linguamatics' core products
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
Ideally you will have:
- In depth experience of web development using React.js with Redux.
- In depth experience of server-side development using Node.js and Express; experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB would also be beneficial
- Practical experience of RESTful web service APIs
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile devices
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest standards, e.g. W3C, WAI and Web 2.0/3.0 developments
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.