We are currently looking for a Graduate Engineer to join our Major Projects Team based at our London office. You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects within London and across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. We will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
We recognise our greatest strength is the people we employ, and we are committed to developing talent and providing staff with the skills and knowledge they need to not only do their job well now, but to equip them for life as their careers unfold. Our staff say our people and our diversity are our biggest strengths and our Equality and Inclusion Group and Womens Network are ensuring that inclusion is at the heart of our policies, processes, and practices. As standard we offer flexible working to everyone and the ability to work remotely when needed. Project Centre is a people focused organisation. We care about our colleagues and part of that is to help every employee to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
If you aspire to really making a difference and want to work with great colleagues whilst advancing your career, then Project Centre could be the place for you.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- To assist in the delivery of a range of Major highway Infrastructure projects relating to developing designs (Concept, Preliminary & Detailed Design stages) construction details for high quality, cost effective, innovative and durable designs.
- To undertake; site surveys, analysing complex data, writing reports, managing project tasks and preparing technical designs relating to the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Work closely with team members, other Project Centre staff and when required project stakeholders.
- Adhere to PCL Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- To actively pursue on the job and formal training opportunities that complement PCL business needs and your personal development plan.
- Be flexible and undertake any duties as and when required to assist in the operations of PCL
- Relevant Degree (BEng/ BSc) or equivalent qualifications. Masters Degree (MEng / MSc) is beneficial.
- Willingness to work towards membership of a professional institution.
- Understanding of highways engineering.
- Basic computer skills on the Microsoft Office Package including Word, Excel and Powerpoint are essential.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD. Knowledge of Civil 3D is beneficial.
- Good report writing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Awareness of Health & Safety and CDM duties.
- Self-motivated & ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate on all levels and is a team worker.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive.
- Previous experience within the transport / highway industry is beneficial.