We are looking for a Graduate Design Engineer to join our team after graduating in 2022. It will be an exciting and challenging role and youll be given real responsibility from day one, working alongside technical experts who have a passion for what they do.
Your role will see you developing mechanical designs for a range of products and processes in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors. You will be involved in all aspects of product development - from concept generation, to analysis, to prototype design and transfer to manufacture.
You will join a collaborative working environment where you will have the support of an experienced team and you can expect to develop your technical skills and gain an understanding of new fields of science and technology. Youll join our Graduate Development Programme and benefit from the support of an allocated mentor, a mix of training which will focus on consultancy and soft skill development, on the job learning to help you grow technically, and the support to achieve chartership.
- 1st or 2:1 Degree in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design
- Experience in Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) including low to high volume manufacturing processes such as: injection moulding, CNC machining and sheet metal.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD (or similar) gained through working on several CAD projects
- Experience with solid modelling, surface modelling and product data management
- Strong communication skills. Communication is key in this role and you will need to present your ideas and conclusions to stakeholders from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- An understanding of engineering drawings and tolerances
- Strong prototyping skills and a proficiency for hands-on problem solving.
- Creative and technical abilities in many of the following areas: concept generation, system level design, mechanical analysis, lab testing, materials selection, design for robustness
- Self-motivation and an eager, can-do attitude. You will be accustomed to getting on with tasks independently and seeking out the best tools for the job
- An ability to work collaboratively and within short timescales whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A passion for developing new technical skills and utilizing new technologies.
- Some commercial awareness is an advantage