This is a newly created role to join the Engineering Department in Eminox which covers design, development, validation, technical project planning and implementation of product for manufacture, right from new product introduction to current product support. Introduction of technology into products and implementation of tools and processes to design and develop a robust product remain key for the department. Eminox is part of the Hexadex group of companies.
The role is to undertake and deliver complex designs to support the Eminox customer base and suggesting changes and improvements to current design as well as drive cost reductions within the Eminox standard product range. The role will support internal and external customers through presentation and written documentation. Expect participation or leading design reviews to progress design through the NPI cycle.
Key to this role will be the ability to work closely with the Retrofit Engineering team throughout all stages of new product development, from initial vehicle survey through scanning and final fitment.
In addition to the above this role will involve working with the Eminox PTE team to help develop the business and allow them to deliver innovative engineering solutions to a broad range of customers.
As the role develops part it may require occasional site visits to and with customers to asses their requirements and understand the challenges and how we can help them to overcome them.
The role would ideally suit an advanced CATIA user.
- Design exhaust systems as per the requirements specified by the project team - this includes part design material considerations, assembly and drafting (drawing creation) using CAD tools provided.
- Designing concepts includes creation of concepts with focus on packaging space constraints, required features, layout, orientation and considerations for fit-form-function.
- Working closely with internal and external customers, supporting product development through NPI processes from initial concept and project definition, through design activities Engineer stainless steel sheet metal products with a focus on ease of manufacturing.
- Capable of supporting the documentation for preparation of DFMEA, Design reviews etc.
- Ideally an understanding of Vehicles and engines, maybe studies include automotive / mechanical engineering with design or has internship experience. or is seeking their next role and wants to learn this industry. Apprenticeship background completed in design would be also interesting.
- Enjoys problem solving and finding creative solutions
- Customer focused and wants to add value
- maybe seeking the next step from their present role.
- Design engineering samples or some portfolio, ideally used CATIA, however other design packages.