As aGraduateData Engineerin Kainos you will enter the Kainos Big Data
Academy.Data Engineers work
Academy.Data Engineers work within a multi-skilled agile team to develop large-scale dataprocessing software to meet user needs in demanding production environments. Working to develop data processing software primarily for deployment in Big Data technologies, the role encompasses the full software lifecycle including design, code,testand defect resolution.Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our Data Engineering teams means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects usingcuttingedgetechnology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability through our Big Data Academy.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently studying, or already completed,a relevantdegree or equivalentqualification
- Software development experience with JVM languages
- Ability to write easily testable code including automated unit testing.
- Experienced in continuous integration tools and techniques (e.g.Jenkins).
- Ability to work collaboratively with others using version control (e.g.Git)
- Familiar with plotting data as part of data exploration
- Clear verbal presentation with an open attitude to sharing information.
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Experience of data visualisation and complex data transformations, including ETL
tools such as Talend.
- Experience with steaming and event-processing architectures including
technologies such as Kafka and change-data-capture (CDC) products.
- Comfortable with continuous improvement and sharing input on data best
- Participation in development and/or technology communities.
- Experience of Python and R