Help us make a big green dent in the universe. Were on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Were looking for a smart, passionate and driven Graduate Commercial Specialist, for a fast moving and varied role within a new team. Youll have the opportunity to gain a huge amount of knowledge and exposure across the electric vehicle, energy & tech landscapes, whilst developing a wide range of commercial skills.
Youd be a great match for us if you consider yourself a generalist, looking to get stuck into different activities and parts of the business and learn quickly on the job. Youre proactive and would be excited to help grow our electrification business, developing creative solutions to support us as we scale and refine our emerging products and services such as EV charging, solar deployment, energy flexibility and more.
What youll do
- Be at the heart of our emerging Electrification team - we work across a variety of Octopus products to deliver new customer solutions such as electric vehicle charging, rooftop solar, renewable supply, bespoke energy tariffs, battery storage, renewable heat - the list goes on
- Embrace an entrepreneurial culture: initiate ideas, build processes, regularly talk to businesses and customers, and generally be excited by growing a new business function
- Speak directly to a range of businesses about their electrification potential
- Manage and improve our electrification operations, and find new efficient ways to deliver exceptional experiences
- Be willing to turn your hand to a range of functions: operations, contracts, business development, marketing, technical development, and gain a big picture understanding of the future of energy
- 0 - 2 years experience. We dont mind what youve been up to beforehand!
- If youre a new graduate, any demonstrable work experience, such as a placement year or several months experience in an office-based role is a bonus
- An interest in sustainability and energy
- The ability and willingness to learn fast and apply that learning immediately for customers
- An independent mindset, able to solve problems and create solutions on the fly
- Ability to review a pipeline of opportunities and identify improvements and products that can increase conversion or create cost efficiencies
- Confidence to speak on the phone and build relationships
- Excellent numerical and writing skills
- Able to balance attention to detail with larger-scale context