At WSP, theres nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrows world thats cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and youll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
Airports around the world need to be efficient to stay competitive. They need to identify priorities, assess costs, and deliver projects on time and budget, while keeping operations running smoothly. Airports must be designed for the people who use them and be efficient for the people who run them. Our aviation team consistently meets engineering and architectural challenges with solutions that result in safe, secure, and continuous passenger activity and aircraft operation. As a graduate engineer in our Airfield team you could be involved in design work such as airfield layouts, apron design, utilities and pavement design and work on projects like the Hamad International Airport Expansion.
Our Airfield team are looking for Civil Engineering graduates to join our teams in London, Basingstoke, Birmingham, Bristol and Cambridge.
A typical week would include:
We asked our graduates what its like to do their job. On a day to day basis, the life of a graduate at WSP starts off in the morning with cups of tea and responding to any urgent client emails.
Beyond that, anything could happen! You could get involved in report writing, modelling or design calculations in 3D software packages. Your day could also involve visiting site and liaising with contractors, discussing options for concept designs with colleagues, responding to client requests for information or meetings with the team about the scope and progress of projects.
Naturally, there is a lot to learn and you are likely to be guided through complex software packages, team briefings and client updates from the start.
- Youll be graduating in 2021 or have recently graduated with at least a 2:1 in a Masters or Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering.
- Youll be interested in using AutoCAD and Civils 3D, experience in using these would be advantageous
- Youll have an interest in transportation and transportation models (not necessarily aviation related)
- Youll ideally have less than two years relevant experience
- Youll be passionate with the curiosity and creativity to solve problems
- Youll want to stretch and inspire us, speaking up about any new ideas you have
- Youll want to throw yourself in from day one and put your studies into practice
- Youll have excellent communication skills
- Youll enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues
- Youll have confidence to work under pressure with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively
Please note game based assessment results at WSP are valid for a period of 12 months, if you have completed an assessment within this timeframe and been unsuccessful we will not be able to consider your application.
Early applications are recommended and we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
What if we can?
Our graduate development programme is a 2 year programme designed to provide you with both professional skills and specialist technical development opportunities. The programme is supported by our senior leadership team and is tailored give you the support, guidance and the development opportunities you need to help you work towards chartered status or equivalent professional qualifications. The structured programme includes but is not limited to training in:
- Technical report writing
- Team specific technical skills
- Project management (introduction and advanced)
- Influential communications
- Commercial concepts
- Teambuild challenge
- Continuous Improvement