Are you a driven and motivated student looking to gain experience in industry during these turbulent times? Is Excel your go-to tool when solving or visualising any kind of problems? Then we have an intern position for you!
Siemens Industry Software has a new opportunity for an Intern to join us on a 6-12 month paid placement to support our globally distributed team. The Global Operations Support Intern would initially be home based with the aim to be based in one of our UK offices Monday to Friday once they re-open.
This position is an exciting chance for someone to network frequently between senior business leaders, Siemens worldwide organisation, and supporting the execution of our go-to-market strategy.
You will have the opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Alongside your role, we will teach softer skills such as communication, collaboration, commercial awareness, digitalisation, and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career.
Siemens recognises that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility, and innovation.
- Gathering, reporting, and structuring of market analysis and/or company data.
- Supporting internal Operations projects as needed.
- Data analysis using Excel and/similar tools.
- Provide automation suggestions for Excel and Salesforce.com to streamline the current tools and data accuracy.
- Assist in providing reports for our Product Portfolios to be reviewed by senior leadership.
- Manage and drive projects to completion.
- Manage, maintain, and update current reporting dashboards.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds
- Advanced Excel skills (Macros, V Lookup, Pivot Tables, Formulas, Charts), and Power Query. Visual Basic is a plus.
- Driven and proactive/ self-starting attitude with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Currently studying a numerical/scientific degree would be beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Willingness and interest to understand and solve business problems.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new software and tools.
- Understanding of Software Sales and/or Software companies would be a plus.