The role of the Frontline Support Officer is to support the line manager in relation to management of operational accommodation across circa 600 properties located throughout GB to meet the business needs and aspirations of the Agency.
The post holder will work as part of a team responsible for ensuring delivery of effective service to all operational estate for none TFM services including (but not limited to); supplies, stationery, protective and corporate clothing, health and safety related goods and furniture, standard furniture, signage, recycling and utilities.
At all times there is a requirement to ensure best practice, value for money and financial efficiency. Such provision will be in accordance with contracts and service level agreements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide tools and equipment to the frontline sites and colleagues of DVSA.
- Assist in the delivery of new testing facilities, relocations and closures ensuring that all necessary supplies, furniture, signage, and other service provisions are delivered in a timely manner.
- Purchase stationery, protective clothing and general goods and services using various IT systems and Electronic Payment Card Services in line with procurement guidelines.
- Process invoices on SAP and through SAP admin systems (or any other system in use or to be used) including making manual payments, out of scope payments and seeking single tender approvals.
- Raise purchase orders on the SAP system for all goods and services being purchased as necessary, including Goods Receipting appropriately and timeously.
- Ensure all purchasing, invoicing and goods receipting procedures are carried out appropriately to contribute to the Agency prompt payment target.
- Apply value for money and sustainable development guidelines in all cases of procurement.
- Maintain spreadsheets, databases and filing systems in relation to site information to ensure all details are accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with various internal and external customers and suppliers.