The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting and implementing the delivery of the Head of Football Science and Medicine performance strategy. Providing medical, diagnosis, rehabilitation, injury prevention to all academy players as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Physiotherapist will take the lead on assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of the injured U11- U16 age level players.
- Report directly to the Head of Footballs Science and Medicine regarding the progress of all injured players, co-ordinating rehabilitation requirements, along with detailed recording.
- Liaise with appropriate Academy coaching staff regarding the injury status and availability of players.
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all young players. Uphold the football clubs health and safety, ethics, and safeguarding protocols.
- To provide home match day cover as required.
- To maintain up to date medical records.
- To liaise with parents as required.
- To maintain up to date CPD portfolio.
- Assist in completing all necessary medical and musculoskeletal screening.
- Ensure treatment areas are kept clean and tidy, identify any health and safety risks, inform appropriate members of staff.
- Assist in on-going research and development projects being carried out by the department which will include data collection and presentation - contribution to research and development will be encouraged.
- Deliver presentations to coaching staff, players and parents when required.
- Act as a mentor to any intern accepted into the department internship program.
- Implement an appointment-based system which ensures an orderly workload.
- To carry out other duties that may be required by management and are within the applicant capabilities.
- IT Literate
- Ability to communicate with internal and external parties.
- To work within a team environment
- Ability to perform group and individual verbal presentations.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Knowledge of current sports science and medicine practice with specialism in sports medicine.
- Knowledge of elite sporting environments.
- Good understanding of Safeguarding/Child Protection policies and procedures
- Degree, Bsc(Hons) Physiotherapy, HCPC Registered
- SFA Child Wellbeing Course Certification