The Finance / Accounts Assistant will be an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a complex and rapidly growing business. The Finance / Accounts Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Directors with bookkeeping and junior accounting duties. These can vary massively and would include basic bookkeeping activities, bank reconciliations, invoicing, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure records and payments are correct, recording of payments and other data entry, and preparation / analysis of management accounts.
You will be working towards your Level 2 Finance / Accounts Assistant apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies. You will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
Duties will include
- Deals effectively with a range of stakeholders using appropriate communication methods to deliver accurate and timely results
- Avoids jargon and uses the correct technical terms where appropriate
- Demonstrates good listening and speaking skills to be able to communicate effectively in the right manner
Uses Systems and Processes:
- Utilises relevant office/accounting software packages to input and manage data accurately (particularly Xero)
- Ability to maintain the security of accounting information using passwords and other appropriate security measures
You may also be expected to help cover reception, open/close and support the day to day running of the Hubs from time to time. When doing so youll have direct contact with our members, so a warm, welcoming demeanour and a love of people is a must. Tasks may include answering calls and emails, responding to queries in a timely and professional manner, onboarding new members and raising invoices. Youll take pride in our co-working spaces and help ensure they are the best they can be at all times.
Being punctual, highly organised, responsible and reliable with strong time management skills and a can-do attitude are all essential to this role as youll be juggling multiple tasks and dealing with regular requests from the team, our Directors and our members. Being a confident user of Microsoft Office and Xero will be an advantage.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Core finance and numeracy
- Confident communicator
- Enjoys problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Strong at maths
- Personable and with a passion for all matters finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Xero
- Excellent literacy and customer service
- GCSE maths and English A* - C (9 - 4) (or equivalent qualifications)