As an apprentice you will be working under close supervision from the Senior Premises Manager based at the College. During school hours this is a busy working environment where a wide range of demands are made on all members of the Support team. The role will offer a diverse range of duties giving the apprentice an ideal learning opportunity enabling him/her to develop skills and gain valuable real-time experience. The Facilities team report to the Business Manager, who is over-all responsible for providing staff and pupils with a safe and pleasant working environment.
Duties will include:
- To open/close grounds and buildings and manage security alarms
- Routine cleaning not covered by contractors
- Participate and contribute to a programme of general maintenance
- Participate and contribute to undertake minor repairs and maintenance
- Participate and contribute to on-site refurbishments and improvements
- Liaise with third party contractors e.g. electricians, surveyors
- To comply with Health and Safety legislation, school policy and good working practices in relation to the use of school premises and grounds
- Support premises work requests from staff
- Support reception for any requests for assistance
- Undertake litter picking
- To assist with the distribution of deliveries of supplies and equipment
- Use of computer for word processing and email
There will be opportunity for the apprentice to take initiative, develop skills and improve working efficiencies across the College.
- Practical skills
- Problem solving
- Organisation skills
- Computer literate
- Sociable and a good communicator
- Takes initiative
- High standards
- Willingness to learn
GCSE or equivalents at D/3 or equivalent in maths and English.
Possibility for progression and permanent employment for a hardworking, positive and self-motivated individual.
Things to consider
DBS and health checks must be completed as part of recruitment.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At Castle Donington College, we aim to offer all pupils the very best opportunities to achieve their full potential, through a commitment to the highest standards of teaching, learning and personal development.
We are proud of our shared ethos of high expectations and working together to support young people to become responsible and successful members of society.
Castle Donington Community College
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Luke Sharp 07478151192 luke.sharp@Atem.co.uk
- Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Standard
- Maths & English where needed