- The primary purpose of the role is to work alongside a fully qualified welder/fabricator and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become a qualified welder/fabricator.
- Preparing steel for welding
- Cutting, bending, and painting steel
- Drilling Components
- Assisting in manual tasks including lifting and handling
- Attending college as required
- Doing the tasks required to obtain the qualifications and become a qualified welder/fabricator.
- Comply with the processes and procedures required within ISO.
Other duties will involve:
- Identifying materials, measuring, cutting, folding, drilling, filing, and welding metals (mostly steel and stainless steel).
- Interpreting technical drawings.
- Picking and packing components.
- Assembling components, bolting, screwing etc.
- Good verbal communicator.
- Hard working.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Passion for working with and around industrial machinery (e.g. drills, band saws, croppers, welding guns etc.)
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 in English and Maths desirable