Technical Support Technicians, work as part of a team to provide support and expertise for all areas of Engineering, within an exciting marine technology business. You will be working on technology products ranging from wave buoys to underwater robots.
This apprenticeship is designed to offer stretch and progression. You will eventually be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake. Once you have gained the required experience you will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement.
This is a highly controlled and regulated environment. The company wants to establish an apprenticeship programme which forms part of their succession planning for the future
This apprenticeship will be one of the new improved Apprenticeship Standards.
- The company will support your personal and professional development
- You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process
- The company operates on an ethical basis respecting peoples beliefs
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETAs Havant training center for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work. You will work towards the following qualifications:
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 18 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
- You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA assessor (30 months). During this time you will be day released for 24 months to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship framework. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
- You will also achieve Functional Skills in Maths and English at level 2 (if you have not already achieved C+ or a Grade 4+ in these disciplines)
- You will be Involved with preparation, maintenance and assembly of equipment serving Oil and Gas, Renewables and Aquaculture customer.
- You will be Inspecting and preparing new equipment, evaluation and servicing of returned equipment and development projects, as well as supporting customers directly
- Our engineers receive goods inwards and accepting onto the system, undertaking the inspection and testing of new goods prior to delivery to end users
- Assembly of systems and Pre Delivery Inspection as well as assisting with panel assembly and wiring.
- You will be required to use a variety of hand and bench tools and become proficient with soldering equipment
- Evaluation, servicing and repair of user equipment and system testing
- Assisting with calibration activities
- Compiling and producing service reports and documentation
- Providing technical support to customers
Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
25 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
Free parking on site
Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
37.5 hrs per week
Great location in marina setting
This vacancy was placed on 27/08/2021 by The Talent Hub.
Salary: 12000 per annum
Job type: permanent
Location: Portsmouth, PO6 4TR
Job reference: RSAqua-EP38046-ENG
Date advertised: 27/08/2021
The Talent Hub is a privately owned business based on the UK south coast. Our approach to recruitment reduces high agency spend and promotes direct staff sourcing strategies whilst enhancing our clients company brand
We offer bespoke recruitment packages and can tailor our solutions to the individual company requirements.
Our clients use us to attract the best possible candidates. In turn, this helps them build a strong talent pool giving them a database of people who could effectively replace current employees should they decide to leave.
Contact The Talent Hub today . Let us show you how we can attract the top people to your company and give you a competitive edge.
- Assuming one placement per advert
( Average salary 20K x 15% fee)
- * Assuming branded rate card collaborate package
Registered office: The Talent Hub, 6 St. Georges Square, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO1 3EY
no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please dont contact this job advertiser.
no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!
no -- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
This is a part-time job.
Previous AdNext Ad
You might also be interested in the following Locanto ads
Firstline IT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice - Matrix Business
Job category: IT Company: Smart Recruit Online Location: Fareham, PO16 8UB Salary: 6 per hour Job type: permanent Full/part time: Full Time Job reference: CT37068 Date
Engineering Technician - Portsmouth International Port
Salary: Band 7 25,481 - 29,577 (plus allowances 39,771 - 45,611).Hours: 47.5 hours per week on average, 07:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. Plus callout one week in four, covering
See similar ads by subscribing via email.
Alert frequency instant daily weekly
Additional ad information
The ad Engineering Technician Apprentice in Portsmouth is under the category Internships on Locanto.
The classified ads Business Administration Apprentice, Portsmouth, Business Administration Apprentice (Operations Team), Portsmouth and Commis Chef Apprentice (Old Custom House) in Portsmouth, Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom, are also available in the category Internships on Locanto. There are currently 92 ads listed for the category Internships in Portsmouth.
The category Internships belongs to Jobs. You can also view other related categories such as Estate Agents & Property Brokers, Legal & Consulting and Government & Public Service Portsmouth.
Are you interested in classified ads in other areas near Portsmouth? Then expand your search now to view ads in areas surrounding Portsmouth, such as Internships in Baffins (Portsmouth), Stamshaw (Portsmouth) or Portsea (Portsmouth).