Ocado is underpinned by amazing technology and engineering can be found in many teams. The Ocado Engineering Graduate scheme is a two year programme with a focus on our automation systems and solutions. You will work across multiple divisions within Ocado Group. You will have opportunities ranging from the development of new technologies and solutions, design, testing, continuous improvement, product application to our client sites around the world, working with global manufacturers or installing and commissioning one of our new sites. With continuous support, graduates will spend two years on live business and engineering challenges fully embedded in teams refining skills, gaining valuable experience and learning where their capabilities, passion and ambitions lie. For graduates who want to be part of our exciting future, Ocado Group will look to retain engineering talent and provide graduates with career progression which matches their aspirations.
Some of your responsibilities could involve:
- Working at our warehouses (which we call Customer Fulfilment Centres or CFCs) on the implementation, construction and testing of our solutions including our highly Automated Machines.
- Being a product expert and providing specialist expertise for one of our many product streams from the start of the construction project through to site handover.
- Being part of our Design Engineering team, developing and reviewing drawings as well as working on standards and reports having a direct impact for our warehouses around the world.
- Working as a key part of our Reliability Engineering team, developing new and innovative methods for gathering necessary failure cause data and using this to conduct root cause analysis for our products and components.
- Working within our Development Design Engineering and working on designing the next generation of machines that power our warehouses.
In this role you will develop and refine essential engineering and leadership and personal skills whilst gaining valuable experience across a wide range of areas. Your development will be supported throughout your placements in fantastic and diverse teams and the use of personal targets and development plans set by your managers. You will be expected to complete various additional training modules to complement your development and engineering and personal career to help you thrive and realise your best potential
We are looking for people with an engineering background, this could come from your degree area, a placement year or hands-on experience. We welcome engineers from a wide range of disciplines and look forward to receiving your application.
The Virtual Assessment Centre will include two group exercises along with a personalised presentation. Its not as scary as it sounds though! Weve designed the process to be able to get to know you and to see what youre capable of. As mentioned the assessment centre for this role will be held on 22nd November 2021 successful candidates will be invited to begin their roles in September 2022.