Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other.
Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
The Siemens Digital Grid business is part of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company in the UK. Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work - our goal is to create environments that care.
We in Siemens Digital Grid focus our expertise on helping our grid operator customers supply power, safely and reliably to homes, buildings and industry. New challenges our customers face revolve around the increased adoption of distributed energy systems, the integration of renewable energy sources, an ageing grid infrastructure and a fast-changing landscape of cyber threats.
Through energy automation and smart grid solutions, we provide future-proof products, solutions and digital services that evolve with our changing world.”
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
We are looking for an intern to support with development activities associated with the implementation of new solutions that utilise the latest technologies from our protection and control portfolio.
Here is a taste of what you can expect:
- Creation of key design documentation which aligns our technical solution to customer requirements
- Creating AC/DC schematics
- Designing user defined functional logic code using Siemens software implementation tools
- Develop test routines and implement tests using hardware and software
- Work closely with key stakeholders (e.g. customers, engineers and project teams)
- What key project/projects will they be responsible for during their placement
- Contribute novel and innovative concepts (using latest research / academic learning)
- Support the development of the new innovative solutions, from concept through to design phase
- Implementation of proof-of-concept and scalable solutions
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Brings new thinking and takes initiative
- You'll have a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for hardworking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £17,500 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your package to suit your individual needs.