Rampton Primary School are committed to providing ongoing training to the successful apprentice. Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the setting
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement school policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children aged six weeks to eight years as required (full training given)
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
Due to the nature of this role and the position being in a pre-school setting the successful candidate will be required to gain experience with children from birth - 2 years also. To be able to gain this experience the candidate must complete a placement in a early years setting. The successful candidate will need to source this placement for themselves and work with their assessor to make sure it meets all requirements for the apprenticeship.
- Be enthusiastic
- Be patient, calm, caring
- Be creative and have a can-do attitude
- Value every member of the school community
- Be self motivated, driven and committed to providing the highest level of service
- Be well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- Be committed to children's welfare
- Be able to work on own initiative for coursework
- Go the extra mile with a smile on their face
- Have the ability to be a proactive team player with all staff, children, parents and visitors
- A professional attitude with a sense of humour
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to respond to constructive criticism to develop your practice
- The contribution of your own ideas
7-4/A-C GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Vacancy set as 25 hours per week due to business needs.
About the employer
At Rampton Primary School parents/carers, school staff and governors work closely to create an environment which provides our children with clear expectations regarding behaviour, a positive work ethic and a love of learning - all of which aims to ensure each child is able to reach their full potential.
Rampton Primary School
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard.