As a Modern Apprentice your key duties will include:
- Following nursery safeguarding procedures to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
- Liaising with and working closely with parents/carers to deliver an individual learning and development journey for children
- Working closely within a team to operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your care
- Contributing to a wide range of learning activities and the achievement of learning outcomes
- Supporting all team members and engaging in developing an excellent working environment
- Assisting children with personal care tasks including toileting, dressing, and feeding
- Being flexible and providing help where needed, to include the cleaning of equipment and preparing of snacks
- Promoting the high standards of the nursery at all times to parents, staff, and visitors
- Ensuring awareness of procedures for risk management, equalities, confidentiality, and behaviour management
You will also work towards obtaining an SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 7.
Timescales for completion of this Modern Apprenticeship can vary depending on the individual, but normally take between 12 to 15 months.
Due to the comprehensive nature of the training provided, no experience is necessary.
Are you aged 16-19 years old, caring and nurturing and sensitive to the individual needs of young children and their families?
Do you interact effectively and enthusiastically with children?
Can you use your own initiative, be flexible and able to adapt to a fast-moving environment, while being a committed, valued member of a team?
Are you talented and passionate with an anything is possible attitude and looking to start a rewarding career in Early Learning and Childcare?
We have a number of exciting Modern Apprenticeship opportunities available across various locations, enabling you to earn as you learn, gain practical experience in a key sector, and enhance your career prospects.