- Answering the telephone to deal with queries, book patients in for appointments
- Dealing with face to face patient requests/enquiries
- Using in house computer systems to add, amend, edit patient information, complying with Data Protection at all times
- Sending / receiving emails
- Communicating with other team members, doctors and nurses to ensure efficient patient requests
- Attention to detail
- Confident communication skills
- Team player who is able to work upon own initiative
- Be a practical and theoretical learner who acts responsibly at all times
- Able to complete work related and college tasks competently and in a timely fashion
- Friendly and approachable
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Hard working
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Passion for horticulture
- Enjoy practical work
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to undertake manual and heavy work
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Able to work for long hours and in all kinds of weather conditions
Ideally candidates will hold GCSE grades A*-C (9-4) in Maths and English - or equivalent qualifications, such as Functional Skills.
Permanent position available.
Things to consider
This apprenticeship may incorporate day release at one of our campuses for functional skills classes and for training on specialist skills and knowledge
Applicants must be aware that they will be required to attend an Information Advice and Guidance session at one of our Campuses (Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock Chase Skills and Innovation Centre, or Rodbaston) in order to progress further in this vacancy. During the session, candidates must complete baseline assessments and will have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the qualification.
About the employer
An established GP practice for over 30 years. We have two practices based in the Cannock area, our team provide patients with a professional and caring healthcare experience in friendly and personal surroundings.
The Colliery Practice
SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Staffordshire College
Donna Cartwright 03004562424 firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowledge, skills and behaviours associated with the level 2 customer service practitioner standard.
Functional Skills in Maths and English up to Level 2 (if required).