An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our organisation as a Digital Marketing Apprentice. The main
purpose of the Digital Marketing Apprentice role is to amplify our company owned SPAR stores presence online through social media
and other digital platforms such as Google My Business. The role will require you to work closely with our Digital Marketing
Manager, gain an understanding of our digital marketing strategy and look to develop, improve and implement our on-going digital
marketing communications through our chosen channels for our company owned stores.
The Digital Marketing Apprentice will be responsible for the administration of the digital platforms used by our company owned
store division G&E Murgatroyd. This will include but is not limited to Facebook and Google My Business, ensuring that each of
our 150+ company owned stores has a professional presence online which will help to drive the sales and profit of each sore.
The position holder will have a genuine passion for digital marketing and retail. The role will also provide the opportunity to
make genuine contributions to the growth of the SPAR brand through national and local digital marketing activities. The position
holder will need to be creative, have excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to challenges and obstacles. The
role will also require the candidate to use their initiative, continually improve our marketing communications and develop new and
exciting ways to engage with our customers, whilst strictly following our digital brand guidelines.
Heres What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Responsible for the daily administration of all company owned stores social media pages and digital presence, liaising with the
James Hall Marketing Team, G&E Commercial Team, G&E Area and Store Managers on a daily basis to ensure a continual source of
high-quality digital content that is both relevant nationally and at a local level.
- To implement the national and local selling plan through our company owned stores digital platforms, whilst adhering to our
digital brand guidelines.
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager with the development and implementation of our digital marketing strategy, looking at how
we can continually develop and improve.
- Look to develop and find new ways to engage with our customers through digital technologies and digital marketing.
- To implement both our National & Local selling plan through our digital channels.
- Use current and develop further commercial awareness, researching our competitors and how we can improve our current digital
offering. (Market Research).
- Liaise with a wide range of stake holders from across the business to implement our marketing campaigns to the highest possible
standard through G&E platforms.
- Work closely with external agencies when required.
- Maintenance of relevant data bases and spreadsheets, which contain important store information, which populates the likes of
Google & Bing with our correct store information.
- Ad hoc projects and other activities as requested.
- The creation and publishing of digital assets via digital channels. e.g images, videos, illustrations and graphics.
- Deal with store pos requests when required.
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable and confident to use their own initiative.
- Positive and adopts a can do attitude to challenging situations.
- Takes responsibility for their role and looks for options and solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Personal motivation, showing a personal drive for overall team success.
- Is enthusiastic, passionate and energetic whilst consistently striving to exceed expectations.
- Accepts and gives constructive feedback to aid personal and business improvement.
- Determined to make a difference to both employees and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Is able to identify and then implement ways to improve our internal and external marketing communications.
- Is able to work to tight deadlines, whilst still producing high quality work, which will help drive the business forward.
- Consumer focused, displaying a positive and professional brand image.
- Able to effectively plan and manage own time, ensuring all projects and initiatives are completed to the highest possible
- Be keen to learn and develop skills through a varied role.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess a creative flair with regards to marketing communications and design.
- Willing to work towards a professional/relevant marketing qualification.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable although not essential as training will be given.
- Results orientated and take pride in personal and team achievements.
- Consistently raises the bar for performance and continuously strives to improve in all aspects of the role.
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks and prioritise workload.