Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water keep 3 million people healthy each day with safe, reliable water, and take away wastewater to clean, before returning it safely to our beautiful rivers and seas. To be able to deliver high quality, essential services which help to protect the health of our customers, colleagues and our environment, we need the right people to deliver on our vision.
The Technical Development Programme aims to increase your technical ability throughout your two years on the programme. This will then allow you to successfully enter a key technical role in the business following completion of your graduate programme.
This route offers an excellent opportunity to access extensive technical training opportunities via external training courses and on the job training. There is also the opportunity to develop your soft skills along the way. This is the route for you if you have a keen interest in taking on a technical role post-graduation and wish to consolidate the skills you have learned at university and develop them even further. You will learn from experienced people within the business by working with them on key projects throughout your time on the programme.
The technical data and analytical programme consists of the following training and development opportunities -
This Graduate programme will provide opportunity to work on projects belonging to each of the four key data specialist areas on a rotational basis. You will be working with and closely supported by data experts within the business on a variety of projects that will also allow you to develop your knowledge of the organisation and the water industry in general. You will have the opportunity to use cutting-edge systems and technologies, particularly within the cloud, and will be joining an organisation that truly recognises the value of data and analytics, and how it important it is for helping us meet our objectives for customers.
What you'll need
- Expected to achieve or already achieved a minimum 2:1 degree in an IT or Mathematics related degree
- A desire and passion for becoming an expert in your area
- Proven extra-curricular successes
- Eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full driver’s licence and independent access to a vehicle
- Willingness to relocate to anywhere in Wales or Herefordshire and be flexible in your approach to travel
- To be able to start your scheme on Monday 6th September 2021
As well as a market competitive salary and 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), we offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Variable pay schemes
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Reduction on gym memberships and high street shopping
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car-leasing scheme
- Health CashBack scheme
- An employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate family