Duties to include:
- Working in an agile consulting team and using tools such as Jira / Azure DevOps
- Working with ETL and data pipeline designs
- Working to develop data modelling capabilities for data analytics
- Working with data modelling tools such as Erwin or ER-Studio
- Creating manual and automated test scripts
- Using SQL to interrogate, create and update data
- Creating test scripts and defects in a structured manner
- Testing data warehousing and web platforms
As a result of our continued business growth, an increase in exciting projects within our client portfolio and ambitious plans for the years ahead, we are looking to expand with the launch of our Apprentice Consultant programme.
Business Intelligence & Data Analytics are disciplines where technology, methodologies and processes cross over to equip organisations with the tools and capabilities to analyse their most valuable asset: data. The reliance of organisations on data to make key day to day and longer-term strategic decisions is on the rise, leading to an increase in demand for intelligent, robust solutions and the skills required to deliver them.
Understanding the importance of data gives an appreciation of how critical it is that the data is not only present, but accurate. This is where Business Intelligence & Data Analytics meets Testing & Quality Assurance. Not only do we provide organisations with the ability to leverage data, but we also give them the confidence that it is 100% accurate via our robust test processes.
Software Testing & Quality Assurance apply the relevant processes, methodologies and technologies to ensure that any projects we are engaged to deliver will not only meet an organisation's requirements, but also stand the test of time. Joining our Testing and Quality Assurance team may see you working alongside our Business Intelligence & Data Analytics delivery team, or on an unrelated software project.
As an Apprentice Consultant, you will join our 24 month hands on training programme. From day one you will be involved in our client projects to accelerate your learning and maximise your exposure to genuine project scenarios. Through a Data Analyst level 4 apprenticeship programme you will be supplied with a solid grounding across our core business service offerings in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Software Testing & Quality Assurance before having the opportunity to choose your preferred area of expertise.
We will ensure you receive practical training in technologies in
- Level 4 Certificate in Data Analysis Tools
- Processes and Tools Used for Data Integration
- Industry Standard Tools and Methods for Data Analysis
- Level 4 Diploma in Data Analysis Concepts
- Quality Issues for Data Analysis
- Data Analysis Tasks
- Compliance and Audit Considerations
- Data Structures
- Database Design, Implementation, and Maintenance
- Data Architecture
- The Domain Context for Data Analytics
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- Level 4 Certificate in Data Analysis Tools
- CIW: Data Analyst
In addition to these technologies, we will also ensure you are trained in the technology agnostic processes and methodologies required to work in the Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Software Testing & Quality Assurance arenas. With industry recognised certifications being offered as and when required. We will mentor you throughout the process with the aim of developing your technical and consulting skills.
We're preferably looking for applicants with analytical disciplines such as IT, Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Business, however if you have an interest in Data Analytics or Software Testing and think you have what it takes to thrive, then we're also keen to hear from you.
Our clients are UK wide and as such we expect candidates to be willing to travel once it is safe to do so, but we are also fully supportive of a full remote working model, particularly at this current time. Base location will be either Newcastle upon Tyne or London, but applicants from any UK geographic location are encouraged to apply.
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstratable analytical and problem-solving skills, ideally in data analysis
- Confident and assured presentation skills
- Exposure to or interest in object orientated programming such as Java/Python
- Career aspirations to work as a client facing consultant
- Interest in software development, particularly software as a service (SaaS)
- Willing to learn
Maths & English