1. To be trained and use according to the appropriate sites processes the student portal for the purpose of monitoring bookings, payment, maintenance requests and any other communications when covering a scheme.
2. General Administration procedures - including photocopying, filing, post, etc.
3. Receiving and distribution of mail to individual flats for residents and to ensure security of registered and courier mail. To record deliveries for Host and its residents and to sign off delivery notes.
4. Accounting for the collection of money from residents on a daily basis. This will include rent payments, office services and payments for other recoverable sundry items.
5. To assist with the maintenance of administration records for residents, to include the following: replacement keys, accurate resident and room lists.
6. To record maintenance problems when reported to Reception and to pass on the problem to the relevant party, whether it be Host maintenance staff or external contractors with the assistance of the Assistant Manager. To keep a history of all reported problems from start to finish to ensure jobs are not outstanding.
7. Assisting in the regular inspections of all residential accommodation, throughout term time and at the end of contracts, including the communal areas and study bedrooms, for the purpose of verifying residents Health and Safety, checking for the misuse of facilities and for the maintenance of correct standards of cleanliness, hygiene and provision. To report all findings to the Assistant Manager. To maintain an administration record for findings and follow up as necessary.
8. To have knowledge of Computer packages including Windows and Microsoft office packages. To be able to use packages for letter writing, mail merge documents, spreadsheets using Excel etc.
9. To have general knowledge of door entry system and its software. Training will be provided.
10. To assist the Assistant Manager with the allocation of study bedrooms for the start of the new academic year.
11. Registration of new tenants at the start of the academic year and throughout the contract period. This will include the registration of residents, signing of Tenancy agreements, issuing of keys and fobs.
12. To assist with the planning of the summer period which will include the reservation and preparation of rooms for summer guests.
13. Not to allow entry to any unauthorised visitors.
14. Dealing with any property related issues in a timely manner, following up on any unresolved matters and engaging with other colleagues and Management when necessary.
15. To assist with the issuing of invoices for all monies owed, and chase arrears for non payments in accordance with Hosts policy and procedures on debt recovery.
16. To assist with maximising non-core academic rental income by promoting summer business and exploring opportunities for additional sundry revenue.
17. Stationery and other stock checks, purchasing and control.
1. Dealing with day to day enquiries from residents and the public at Host both face to face, by telephone and via online communication tools. To cope in busy situations and to be able to deal effectively with difficult customers.
2. Telephone answering, dealing with all enquiries and gaining a general understanding of the telephone system.
3. Providing a decisive and effective response to customer complaints, assisting in and resolving issues and escalating as appropriate.
4. Assisting all customers in a professional and courteous manner, communicating effectively both face to face and on the telephone, showing empathy and responding with urgency to customer requests.
5. Assist with the implementation of a Residence Life and events programme that will engage with residents and create positive living experiences for all living at the accommodation and enhance student satisfaction.
6. To have an awareness of student welfare issues and to keep the Property Manager and Assistant Manager informed of any matters that may arise in the accommodation relating to this.
7. Develop a culture of wanting to provide the best customer service within the accommodation, ensuring all staff know each and every student and develop a rapport with them to ensure a personal connection is made with each person.
8. Receiving and distribution of mail for residents.
Compliance and Accountability
1. To ensure statutory obligations and Company Policy relating to Privacy and Data Protection law are observed.
2. To ensure that Anti-Money Laundering documentation is collected from all residents within the accommodation and that all guidance is adhered to in order to ensure Host complies with our obligations.
3. To be aware of statutory compliance and associated best practice for Health and Safety, ensuring all legal requirements and Host directives or procedures are adhered to. Ensuring that all work undertaken in the accommodation meets the highest safety standards in line.
4. Assist with ensuring that a record of site operations and statutory testing is accurately maintained, this includes fire alarm tests, risk assessments, fire evacuations, water testing, and other site-specific health and safety activities. To understand and respond to all Health and Safety matters.
5. To ensure the accommodation is managed in accordance with the ANUK code of standards.
1. Working collaboratively to help support the overall operational team to deliver its business plan and broader objectives.
2. Working in a collegiate and supportive manner with colleagues, ensuring opportunities to share best practice are utilised.
3. Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with third party suppliers.
4. Embracing change, supporting the business and colleagues through the business transformation.
General Role Duties
1. To ensure that the site is secure at all times. Ensuring safe access to buildings at all times.
2. Dealing with inappropriate car parking on site and adjacent property.
3. To ensure all areas of the property are maintained to the highest standard. To walk the site daily and ensure that any issues are resolved quickly and to the highest standard
4. Assisting with the marketing, sales and reservation of accommodation for residents, guests and visitors. Undertaking viewings of the property.
5. To actively embrace the Marketing Plan for the accommodation and ensure monthly targets are met to ensure that the scheme is 100% occupied each year.
The postholder will need to be computer literate with the windows package and the use of spreadsheets.
The foregoing will involve irregular hours, days and attendance, and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties of the post. Tasks of a similar nature may be allocated by the Property Manager, not least of which shall be those seen as contributing to the general overall development of the service provided.
- Cash handling experience desirable
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong IT skils
- Strong Literacy & Numeracy Skills
- Must be customer focused with experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- Cash handling experience desirable
- The post holder will need to be computer literate with good knowledge Microsoft Office, emails and web searches.
- Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team
- Ability to manage time effectively and independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure effectively
- Ability to demonstrate an objective, professional and calm approach when handling difficult situations
- Willingness to be flexible at key times of the year, to offer a can-do attitude to ensure the completion of what is required
- An understanding of advertising, sales and marketing (both online and offline) with knowledge of the use of social media in the workplace
Must have GCSE Grade C(4) and above in both English & Maths