The main purpose of the role is to be the customer face of the organisation and help meet their requirements and present as the professional in customer support for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety and Environment to the satisfaction.
You will be given training and support to enable you to be fully proficient in the below:
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers to ensure their traffic requirements are fulfilled in line with their booking instructions.
- Liaise with other DSV/Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDUs, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- In conjunction with others, plan collection or deliveries to meet the customers or their customers needs or requirements to the best of your ability
- Maintain awareness of and follow transport (and H.M. Customs) regulations, where relevant, to conform to all statutory requirements.