Pay: NMW (with the potential to earn 17,358.87 once Apprenticeship has been completed and if a permanent role offered)
Contract: Full time on an initial 12 month Fixed term contract
About the Business
We are a leading distributor to the food service, manufacturing and bakery industries providing quality ingredients and finished products all around the UK. Launched over 50 years ago, we are a forward-thinking company that prides ourselves in offering leading industry brand names and our own national brand by carefully selected manufacturers.
A bit about the role
Are you an enthusiastic and customer centric individual with a can-do attitude? If yes, we have a great opportunity for you!
The purpose of the role will require the post holder to handle all incoming queries/complaints, ensuring that they are handled with competence and diligence. Main Duties include maintaining a high level of service to the customer at all times, handling both incoming and outgoing calls, processing orders and building excellent rapports and relationships with both colleagues and customers.
- Ensure all orders are processed in a timely fashion taking into consideration cut off times and that sales opportunities are maximised wherever possible through effective account management.
- To ensure all new customer enquiries are dealt with in a professional manner and communicated to the relevant Area Sales Manager with as much factual information as possible.
- To ensure all existing customer enquiries are dealt with professionally and efficiently converting the enquiry to a live order where possible. Any pricing issues are to be communicated to external sales.
- To encourage monthly promotions and new product launches
- Update call lists when required
- To ensure all complaints are dealt with in a timely manner
- To identify and handle all service or product complaints in accordance with procedures and closed out to the satisfaction of the customer within set timescales.
- Focus on the customers requirements at all times to ensure maximum customer service excellence.
- To liaise with other departments in order to achieve the customers requirements
- To constantly strive for continual improvement through effective management of KPIs, identifying appropriate corrective actions and implementing actions to prevent recurrence.
- Report any obstacles to achieving customer service excellence to the team leader or sales manager.
- Basic IT knowledge required (Full training will be given)
This apprenticeship is for Customer Service Apprentice who will be working in an Office environment.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, please send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
Please note, we may receive a high volume of CVs for this vacancy, therefore, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days of submitting your CV, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Apprentice Business Administration and Customer Service (Customer Only)
Durham (Mercury House),