Role Purpose: To assist generally with customer service functions for Citizens Advice Telford & The Wrekin (CATW), to provide a first point of contact for members of the public and referring organisations, as well as helping with specific project tasks as required.
- Provide First Point of Contact (FPOC) for the public through face to face, telephone, post, email, text, and social media.
- Providing basic information and signposting as required.
- Responding to voicemails and emails from clients.
- Confirm appointments with clients by text or telephone.
- Ensure that necessary Citizens Advice quality assurance monitoring is undertaken in a timely fashion.
- Contributing to the production of reports or other materials as required.
- Inputting and updating client information on internal database.
- Ensure data is inputted correctly onto relevant databases.
- Complete all related administration in a timely fashion.
- Ensure filing and other paperwork is up to date and accurate.
- Support with maintaining training records and sending training reminders to volunteers at CATW.
- Promote CATW using a range of media including social media.
- Support to develop literature to promote CATW and carry out other marketing activities.
- Contribute to the creation of regular newsletters, both for internal and external use.
- Support with keeping website up to date and contribute to regular news articles as required.
- Promote CATW at internal and external events as required.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Promote the aims, policies, and membership requirements of Citizens Advice.
- Uphold the aims and principles of Citizens Advice and its equal opportunities policies.
- Together with colleagues, ensure the delivery of CAT&W services to the highest quality.
- Be responsible for own professional development. Identify and implement own learning and development needs.
- Use IT for statistical recording, record keeping and document production.
- Carry out administrative tasks related to the job.
- Participate fully in the life of CAT&W, attending meetings, internal planning events etc.
- Abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
- Be mindful of own wellbeing and support needs and to communicate these effectively to your line manager.
- Carry out any other appropriate tasks requested by line manager to ensure the effective delivery and development of the CAT&W services.
Working as part of our friendly team you will be able to develop a wide range of skills, including customer service by dealing with our clients through face to face, telephone, and web enquiries.
You will also gain experience in communications, including using social media, updating our website, and contributing to internal communications. You will learn how to undertake customer service through direct messages, responding to comments, and social listening. You will also gain experience and skills in content creation to market our service and let customers know how to contact us.
The role will also involve some administrative skills, including data entry, compiling statistics, and digital record keeping.
Training and support will be provided to undertake this role in addition to your apprenticeship.
If you are confident, well organised and want an interesting and varied apprenticeship please apply.
The work will be mostly based in our office in Tan Bank with some homeworking.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- Basic communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Time management skills with ability to prioritise work
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Self confidence to deal with our clients by phone or face to face
- Self motivated and able to manage work and time
- Accuracy when inputting information
- Maths and English at grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalents.