Sales Impact Academy are at the forefront of startup training and changing the way that companies look at educating their teams. As a Course Manager, you will own a portfolio of company courses and take responsibility for their overall delivery to our customers. This includes working with the coaches throughout their course development, supporting them during class delivery, scheduling their upcoming course dates, and giving them feedback post-course to improve course quality and customer experience. This role plays an integral part in the smooth running of the foundations of the business and allows for the fluidity of training from the perspective of clients. Responsibilities include:
- Managing a portfolio of courses, some recurring and some in development.
- Working directly with our expert coaches to develop new courses as well as making iterative changes to existing content.
- Co-hosting classes, fielding questions from learners to the coaches.
- Working with our marketing team to promote our series of courses and classes to members.
- Writing and formating educational materials, such as course workbooks and homework guide and writing class assessments and knowledge checks based on class content.
- Administration of the Learning Management System, for example, uploading new courses and updating knowledge checks.
- Supporting Customer Success with data queries, analysing and reporting class attendance data and exam data.
- You are skilled in managing several projects with different timelines and are a good multi-tasker.
- You enjoy working with and writing educational/instructional materials.
- You are familiar with online learning either as a student or instructor.
- You are comfortable speaking/broadcasting to an audience, either live in person or online (e.g. teaching classes, recording podcasts, managing a vlog).
- You are competent with simple data analytics and reporting, who is adept at using various online tools and software simultaneously.
- You work well across varied teams and you’re confident managing senior stakeholders.
- Work for a company that puts people and culture first
- 25 days Annual Leave + National Holidays
- Wellbeing Days to support your mental health
- Share options for all employees
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to Spill - mental health support via slack
- Flexible working hours and working location
- Homeworking set-up budget
- Monthly remote socials
- Access to all SIA courses for personal development
- Company pension scheme