I am offering a paid 3 month internship in my constituency office. This position will commence in August and will run until October 2021.
The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with constituents in Glasgow as well as government departments and other organisations.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members' Staff Verification Office.
Duties will include:
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Providing general admin support
- Other duties as required
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced political environment?
Do you have the skills to support constituents in need of assistance from their MP?