The role of Commercial Apprentice provides a range of administrative support to the Quantity Surveyors and Buyers.
Principal accountabilities of the Commercial Apprentice role include:
- Administration duties at Procurement stage, including supporting the Quantity Surveyors with the preparation of enquiry packs and collating tender information.
- Managing sub-contractor documentation to ensure compliance for the Division.
- Analyse sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment, with assistance from Quantity Surveyors.
- Prepare interim payments for measured work for approval by Quantity Surveyors.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate with assistance from Quantity Surveyors.
- Processing and issuing sub-contract orders for approval by Quantity Surveyors.
- General office duties including accurate collation and storage of information and various administration duties for the Commercial & Technical teams
- Administration of applications of NHBC home registrations.
- Deal with telephone and e-mail enquiries, organising meetings and diary management as and when required.
- On site experience and measurement (with Quantity Surveyors).
- GCSE Maths and English - Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in a Construction or Property related discipline
- Articulate and a good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Organised and punctual
- Attention to detail
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Proficient in using a computer (partucularly MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to adapt to new systems
- Able to work within a team and also independent when required
- Commited to Diversity and Inclusion
- Desire to learn
- Friendly and helpful
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Self-motivated with a can-do approach