Nasstars core platform is based on VMWares Cloud products, with a wide range of ancillary systems that make up the portfolio of a Managed Service Providers platform. Nasstar are looking for some new bright young talent to join our Cloud Services team as we work towards a more hybrid solution.
The role of the Cloud Services Apprentice will be to help support the services and engineering team to maintain our reputation for high quality systems and customer satisfaction.
We are looking to recruit apprentices that are hardworking, organised individuals with flexibility and a willingness to learn, in what will be a mixture of a practical and administrative role.
- Proactive monitoring of mailbox and escalation queues.
- Providing initial incident triage for all tickets or emails raised with Cloud Services
- Logging all tasks and communications both internal and external
- Updating internal systems and documentation with relevant information
- Provisioning/Deprovisioning of new user accounts for services managed by Cloud Services
- Decommissioning of systems as directed by Service Analyst or Manager
- Working with the rest of the team to fulfil requests from around the business
- Assisting with aspects of business administration including liaising with suppliers and other business units
- Carrying out regular monitoring of internal and externally hosted systems and providing regular reports to line management
- Helping grow the business through professional delivery of our services
- Configuring and deploying services as directed
- Carrying out tasks as assigned by line management, ensuring proper process is followed
- A keen interest in computing/IT including hardware and a willingness to learn unfamiliar technologies
- Some knowledge of hardware and software especially Microsoft operating systems and products
- The ability to work well with a wide range of people on a global basis
- Tact, courtesy and understanding with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Fluent in Maths and English
- The ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment