- Are you interested in Buying? Do you regularly buy things online?
- Are you keen to learn the world of purchasing and start your journey to being a buyer?
- Could you see yourself working at an innovative and forward-thinking company that nurtures and rewards talent?
If the answer is yes to the above then this Buyer Apprentice role is perfect for you!
Mobile Fun- Who are we?
Mobile Fun is the UKs leading e-commerce retailer for mobile device accessories, offering a huge range of accessories for the latest mobile devices Weve been going strong for 20 years, and were an ambitious, motivated team and were proud to be beating the competition to thrive as the worlds best online retailer for mobile device accessories.
Whats the role?
Were looking to expand our buying team, and want to take you through a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship programme to learn all about buying. Youll have your own suppliers to work with, a set of products that youre responsible for and have the constant support, advice and guidance from our more experienced buyers.
Well enrol you into a Buyer Apprenticeship to formalise your learning and support the internal training that youll be getting. At the end of the Apprenticeship, theres potential for you to progress into a permanent role as a Junior Buyer, and continue your learning and personal development with higher level qualifications.
Duties and responsibilities during Year 1 of Buyer Apprenticeship:
- Learning the fundamentals of Buying
- Learn how to use buying systems
- Learning basic buying skills and best practice
- Placing orders with suppliers - a mixture of PO creation and buying online
- Liaising with suppliers for important order and product information
- Learning how to make sure all of your products stay in stock
- Working with the accounts team to make sure suppliers are being paid
Development in Year 2 of Buyer Apprenticeship:
- Learning how to select new products and grow the product range with your suppliers
- Develop planning skills; inventory management, order quantities, etc
- The potential starting of a CIPS or equivalent accreditation
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail and basic problem-solving skills
- Avid interest in Buying / Purchasing
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask