- You will work alongside our butchery team with more than 50 years combined experience. You will learn how to break down full animals (our own RSPCA Assured pigs and pedigree Hereford cattle, as well as lamb, venison and other meats).
- We produce bacon, sausages, air dried ham and other cured meats from scratch and you will learn with our team how to do it all.
- We only work with the finest ingredients, utilising our own produce where possible and local produce beyond that.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve the Butcher Level 2 qualification at the end of the 18 months (faster if you want to). Beyond that, you will learn to produce a whole range of butchery products and we would love to see you become innovative and adventurous in items we could sell.
- We are based in Meriden, Solihull, the centre of England.
- Training can be one day a week or block release, whatever works best for you and our team.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would hope that the apprentice can learn from scratch and become and integral part of our butchery team. The team supplies into our award winning a la carte restaurant and we are always growing and looking to improve our business with the right people pushing it in the right direction. Hopefully that can be you.
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative
Other Willingness to learn is the key attribute we seek (Grade A) Desired
Things to consider
We expect the apprentice to want to work hard, whilst enjoying themselves at work. We are a family business and care deeply about our staff.